Zion, how many times can I go back? This was the first multiple day visit... MAGIC!

There are no words to describe how beautiful Zion National Park is.  My first visit, was a half day with my cousin David.  We stayed at Bryce Ntl Park- but that story is for another day.  We decided we should pay a quick visit on our way home...  We rode the shuttle, did a couple very short hikes, I got to lay my eyes on the park so I could set up a GRAND adventure with friends.  This story, is a brief overview of our trip.

I scored permits for the Subway hike- the proper name is Left Fork... for 8 of us!  I was elated.  We didn't end up going due to a flash flood warning the day we needed to pick up our permits- but we made the best of it- and it was WONDERFUL!!  I gathered up my friends, put together a rough itinerary- including Antelope Canyon, Horseshoe Bend, and the Toadstools on the way to Zion.   We were brain fried by beauty before we even got to Zion.  LOL!  These pics are from the first day, on our way to Zion from Phoenix, AZ.  These locations are all near Page, AZ.











Lots of people ask me where I stay in Zion- I like to stay just outside the park, in Springdale, UT.
There is a campground that has RV and tent spots- many of the spots are right on the Virgin River- great white noise for sleeping!  It is called Zion Canyon Campground.  They also have showers, which is a wonderful thing after hiking all day!  Here's a link if you want to reserve a spot.    Zion Canyon Campground 
 




We hiked lots of trails off the main Zion Canyon Scenic Drive... Emerald Pools, Scout Lookout, Grotto Trail, Angel's Landing, West Rim Trail, some hiked up Watchman trail too.  We saw a condor fly right over our heads!  Here are some of those pics:












We studied our map to decide on which trails to check out... we also drove to Kolob Canyon- witnessed some beautful moody clouds!  We hiked Overlook Canyon Trail- more views that blew our minds... we explored the East side of the park a bit too- found Petroglyphs and part of the group explored further and saw bighorn sheep!  Here's more pics:









I am happy to answer any questions you have about Zion National Park... I've visited 5 or 6 times at the time of writing this.  Absolutely love it there!  Be sure to enjoy your time, it's hard not to while there. Grab ice cream with friends too- makes everything even better.  This trip was perfect in every way!!  Thanks to my original Zion Crew for going.  💖💖💖


Follow me on Instagram! HERE: Moody Day in Kolob Canyon, ZION
Final thoughts- tips- download the AllTrails app for help with trails in the park.
Buy a good map- mine has been very helpful the last few years.
Join a Zion facebook group for more suggestions and becoming familiar with the park.





 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's start this out at Sedona's Cathedral Rock Trail.

Where I Wander... all over!! 2 week road trip to wherever! FIRST STOP Utah, Provo, Park City Oct 2020