Let's start this out at Sedona's Cathedral Rock Trail.

Last week, a friend and I ventured up to Sedona for the day.  She had never been, and I love taking people places their first time.   
I thought we'd start with Cathedral Rock trail,  as it's my favorite in Sedona at this point in time.  If you go, remember you need a Red Rock parking pass.  You can purchase one a the trailhead, or most of the gas stations have them available.   I believe the day pass is around $5, maybe $8.   If you have a National Parks Pass, (America The Beautiful Pass) that also works.  :-) Hooray for that $80 purchase, I've returned my investment many times over.  
Cathedral Rock Trail, is short and sweet. Just over a mile out and back... with over 650 ft in elevation gain, so you are going up!   The view is so beautiful!! 

The 3rd picture,  is a section of the trail that you climb up, you will need to use your hands.  There are plenty of foot holds, so upper body strength isn't necessary.  😊   If your afraid of heights, I still think you can do this one.  It's a nice challenge, the end view is worth it, and when you're done, you'll want to visit every time you come to Sedona.   This is a heavily trafficked trail.  
For a few more pics of our day, check out my IG post: 
Happy to answer any questions! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where I Wander... all over!! 2 week road trip to wherever! FIRST STOP Utah, Provo, Park City Oct 2020

Zion, how many times can I go back? This was the first multiple day visit... MAGIC!