Where I Wander... all over!! 2 week road trip to wherever! FIRST STOP Utah, Provo, Park City Oct 2020

 In Oct 2020, I had about 3 weeks off work. Covid caused international travel to be very limited.  My girlfriends and I couldn't plan a trip like we did last year to Greece.  So, this was going to be a solo adventure.  I didn't really have a plan, other than I wanted to see Glacier National Park.  (Montana)  Google maps told me it was about 22 hours driving time away.  I reached out to a friend from high school, who lives in Park City, UT.  I hadn't seen her for many years- and she and her family said, yes, come stay here!  It was so great to catch up with Sarah, and meet her kids!  


I left Chandler, AZ, and drove to Park City. Sarah and I had a yummy dinner- tacos for me! Then crashed for the night.  The next morning, we hung out for a bit, and then I left to go see the fall colors. She has a moose mama and calf that walk right by her house... we were hoping they would show up that morning, but no luck!  

The night prior, my drive into town was at dusk/dark... but I could tell there was something there I needed to see.  The drive was beautiful- meandering road, between mountain walls, and golden and orange trees.  But, it was dark!  I decided to drive the Cascade Scenic Drive- near Provo Utah.  The hills were painted orange, yellow, red, and every shade of autumn that exists...  I stopped at Cascade Springs and wandered around for 30 minutes or so.  This area was very family friendly, had wide walkways and platforms built.  I could see Mt Timpanogos, this is an area I want to go back and explore... not sure if there is a more perfect time than mid October, the fall colors- I've never seen anything like it, even growing up in Iowa.  If you want to check this drive out- look up Little Deer Creek Rd (475) take it north to FR 114, and follow it west to Deer Creek Overlook.   Continuing on 114, it intersected with 92... I took it south... it was so beautiful!  I stopped at Stewart Falls trailhead, and hiked to the waterfall.  Then drove south through Sundance, and found that it was late afternoon!  I was never going to make it to Glacier by night, I truly thought I'd only wander for a couple hours. NOPE- make it 7 hours!  LOL   New plan- Jackson, WY up next... come back later for that post!!







To see a few more, check out my facebook post:


  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's start this out at Sedona's Cathedral Rock Trail.

Zion, how many times can I go back? This was the first multiple day visit... MAGIC!